Key Interest Groups/Government Bodies:
- Burrard Indian Band
- District of North Vancouver (DNV); District Parks Department
- City of North Vancouver (CNV)
- Federal: Department of Fisheries and Oceans; Parks Canada;
- Provincial: Ministry of Transportation and Highways; Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks
- North Shore Streamkeepers (NSSK); North Shore Fish and Game Club; Seymour Salmonid Society;
- Morten Creek Salmon Enhancement Project (MCSEP)
- Boy Scouts of Canada
- BC Rail; Via Rail?
Watershed Projects: (including lead proponent)
- Completed: Donovan's Pond/Hastings Creek Restoration on Hastings Creek (NSSK); Morten Creek off main channel (MCSEP); coho and chum stocking in main channel and Hastings Creek (MCSEP)
- On-going: Salmon Spawner Surveys on Hastings Creek (NSSK); GPS and GIS aquatic ecosystem inventory throughout watershed (NVD); water quality analysis at several streams in watershed (NSSK)
- Proposed: replace culvert at mouth of Keith Creek?
Available Sources of Information:
GIS digital information and digital orthophotos: available from the City of North Vancouver and the District of North
Historical aerial photographs: UBC Geography Library
Maps: TRIM/UTM 92G035 and 92G045
- Interactive and static internet mapping of area (some links need ARC Explorer plug-in) http://www-heb.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/english/maps.htm => Fish Wizard; Georgia Basin Sensitive Habitat Atlas; Shim Data with Orthophotos; Wild, Threatened, Endangered and Lost Streams of the Lower Fraser Valley
- www.bcfisheries.gov.bc.ca (/fishinfobc.html and /fishinv/basemaps-watershed.html)
- GIS layers download site ftp://ftp.env.gov.bc.ca/dist/arcwhse/watershed_atlas
- Geographic Data BC http://home.gdbc.gov.bc.ca/catalog
- Soon to be available Watersheds BC from Geographic Data BC at http://home.gdbc.gov.bc.ca/WatershedsBC/
- Community Watersheds Home Page http://www.elp.gov.bc.ca/wat/cws/cwshome.htm
Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (1998) "Wild, Threatened, Endangered and Lost Streams of the Lower Fraser Valley: Summary Report 1997". Prepared by Precision Identification Biological Consultants, Vancouver, BC.
District of North Vancouver (1978) "Lynn Valley Environmental Analysis - a technical overview report". Prepared by Eikos Design Group, Vancouver, BC. 60pp.
District of North Vancouver (1982) "Report on Creek Systems and Storm Water Control - Summary Report". Prepared by Kerr Wood Leidal Associates, Ltd.
District of North Vancouver (1984) "Valuation of Lynn Creek Fish Resources". Prepared by Envirocon Ltd. 55pp.
District of North Vancouver (1974) "Seymour Lynn: the inter-river lands". Prepared by Tera Environmental Resources Analyst Ltd.
Environmental Protection Branch, Environmental Protection Services, Pacific Region (1998?) "Water Quality and Periphytic Algal Standing Crop of Lynn Creek, North Vancouver: a coastal stream adjacent to a sanitary landfill".
Joleen Timko (1999?) "Lynn Valley Watershed-Report Card".